Nativity Play Process

This term the Year 4 classes created a Nativity Play. Today I will  tell you how my class made our  Play. We had to write our scripts, we had to use our P.L.A. of knowledge and so we asked our teacher who was a chaplain to give us some advice of what we should do.

In the first step we had to of course, write the script. Eleni and I wrote scene 6. In scene 6 the wise men (Balthasar, Melchior and Gasper) spot the star and they travel to find the new holy baby. To hear all of the other scenes 4HB got into a circle and we read out the script to make sure that it all made sense. 

Next, we had auditions to figure out who would play which part. I got the part of Shepherd which Tara and Niki, which was really lucky. Sometimes when it was to hard to pick who would play which part we would have a vote. You may ask how we did this vote. Well, I’ve got you covered. We closed our eyes and the teacher would say the name, if you thought this person would make a good whatever character you would put your hand up. To do this we had to use the P.L.A. of independence to make sure that we didn’t just vote because our friends did it.

Then, we started to rehearse our play and payed lots of attention to what sides we come on and off of. Now, we pay attention to expression and volume of our voice. To do this we had to use the P.L.A. of curiosity to try new things.

2 thoughts on “Nativity Play Process

1. Hej,
    Amazing post Tills!
    I think you did an awesome job being narrator 2 and shepherd 2.
    I also think you have amazing acting skills.

Laters, Liz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!