Community Service Term 3

Hello!

A few weeks we met this guy called Peter he works Salvation Army he came to us to share about the homeless another that we were going to work on for the rest of the term. Every year the year 4’s have to do something good towards the homeless. Peter talked about what a homeless needs and that we were going to find out which material we were going to use to make blankets we were going to stitch them together. We tried many different materials we then bought the polar fleece so now we have to stitch it together.

What I learnt was that everyone needs to have: warm, shelter, water and food.

4 thoughts on “Community Service Term 3

1. Hi Matilda,
    I like how you included what you learnt as well as including what happened before. I think it is very true that you need warmth, shelter, food and water…well done Matilda!

From Charlotte

2. Hi Matilda,
    Beautiful blog post!
    I liked how you made it short and sharp but you still
    managed to make it descriptive.
    Maybe next time you could add in some more punctuation.

Signing out, Liz

3. Hi Matilda, I’m guessing that you are good at stitching when we were buying the toiletries what were the things you bought in chemist warehouse and how much money did you make?
    from Jake

4. Hi Matilda,

Now that we have finished our Community Service project for this term, is there something new you have learnt about homeless people in Melbourne?

I am really proud of all the Year 4 students. Everyone worked really hard to earn money for this project and make lovely warm blankets. Do you think you will use your new skill of blanket stitch again soon?

From
    Mrs Burns